Marcus and Jen get on their bikes

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Pokhara

So being the yuppies that we are, we decided to avoid a nauseating 7-8 hour bus trip and hired a private van to take us to Pokhara in 4 and a half hours instead.

So in we piled: The two of us, Lumon, and Chrissy who is the German lass we met on our cycle trip who was also riding with panniers, and 3 bikes. Chrissy is apparently an awesome snowboarder and didn't go in the Olympics cos her dad wanted her to go to school instead... I think she's won a few World Cup events though. Anyways she is an awesome chick.

We made it to Pokhara and Lumon and Chrissy have decided to ride the Annapurna Circuit (Lumon's going to use Antho's bike - and lucky for me I won't have to lug it back to Australia, which means I can buy up on souvenirs) leaving tomorrow, and Jen and I have signed up on a 3 day kayaking trip down the Kali Gandaki river which is going to be way too hard for me. Fortunately there will be a raft I can sit in when the going gets tough. I envisage I'll be spending most of the trip on this raft. That's ok with me; I just don't want to die.

So we'll be off for the next 3 days... wish me luck as I'm not sure I'll come back alive!

m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home