Marcus and Jen get on their bikes

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Seti River

We've just come back from 2 days paddling on the Seti River... it was fantastic and a nice relaxing thing to do with my remaining time here in Nepal.

Jen paddled superbly as could be exected, and I thought I was doing pretty bloody well till the last wave of the last rapid of the whole river where I went over and couldn't roll back up again (my bloody paddle had turned in my hand and stupid me couldn't work out why I was slicing through the water) so I swam... :( But that's ok I got to the end and made myself do 5 rolls and they were all good. Phew.

I was as sick as a dog in the 2 days prior to this trip - high fevers, sweats, and rigors, but with no apparent infectious focus. It was a pain in the ass cos it meant I couldn't go mountain biking with Jen or do anything remotely interesting at all really, apart from lie in bed and shiver.

Hopefully going for a mountain bike tomorrow (it's Jen's birthday!!) and will be flying back to Kathmandu the next day (6th Oct) and then out of Ktm on the 7th Oct. Back home and back to work :(

Marcus.

PS Can anyone give me a lift from Launceston Airport on Monday the 9th? I fly in at 10:25am and I have to be at work by 1pm (I know, I know).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home