Marcus and Jen get on their bikes

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Delhi Airport

Well I'm on my way home now :(

And Jen the stupid b#$%& is paddling the Kaligandaki whilst I'm stuck here in Delhi Airport. Ah well.

I decided to take a flight back from Pokhara to Kathmandu and it was a wise decision in hindsight... I first thought it was going to be cloudy and crappy views as it was at ground level that morning, but as the plane lifted skyward it punched through the low-lying cloud and rewarded all the passengers with amazing blue sky and crystal clear views of the Himlayas. Sweet.

Heard that I may need a transit visa in Delhi airport so thought I'd better sus it out at the Embassy... which wasted almost my whole day in Kathmandu! But I got it in the end. People were still telling me I wouldn't need it though, but I was glad I had it either way.

So here I am in Delhi Airport... and managed to find an internet cafe to my surprise.

Ruthless inefficiency yet again rules this stunning establishment... though I must admit it doesn't seem as bad as last time we were here.

I did need a transit visa in the end... It's funny, there was a sign when we got off the plane saying "transit lounge" and I headed over there but the security guard turned me and every other transit passenger back and asked us all to proceed past the sign saying "transit passengers do not enter here" but they insisted. So I basically had to collect my baggage and then check out of the airport and even had to cross the road so I could get into the international check-in place. So I could've actually just headed into Delhi, not that I would've wanted to... probably rather put my balls in a blender actually.

Almost had to pay Indian Rs >1000 (>$30 Aussie dollars) per kg for 5kg of excess weight (too many souvenirs!) but took out 4kg of CDs and DVDs and squeezed them in my hand luggage...

Hope to see people when I get back to Tas...

Thanks Dan for offering to give me a lift! You're a life saver.

Woefully missing Jen already,

Yongers out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home