Marcus and Jen get on their bikes

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Home Sweet Home... and Work.

Well I've been back home now for almost 2 weeks...

There are a few things I need to mention regarding my flight back home.

So I got chatting to this Aussie couple in Delhi. They were two really okka people who had just spent a whole week in India, on a tour doing the Golden Triangle thing. My God, did they have an experience! It was great talking to them about travelling in India and its trials and tribulations... Don was very much looking forward to getting home I think. He was grumpy as all hell. Bloody hilarious.

The flight to KL was uneventful. Slept like a log.

From KL to Melbs was another matter... you know how on long flights you get the little individual computer screen on the seat in front of you so you can watch whatever you want to and play shitty Atari computer games? Well two columns of seats weren't working, and guess where I was sitting?

So as I settled in to what was going to be a painfully boring flight, I got out my book... I was going to get through a lot of it by the end of the flight!

So anyways I'm reading, and finish the book after 2 hours... 5 hours to go and I'm bored shitless. I'm like a little kid that's been made to sit in the corner cos he'd been naughty, and all the other kids are busy inflicting pain on frogs or some other poor innocent living creature. Then I notice this guy in my row two seats to my right is fast asleep, his video screen on and working. So as I step over him after a pitstop, he stirs, and I gain the courage to ask him if he wanted to swap seats with me because my screen wasn't working and his was, and he was asleep and wasn't using his screen. He looked at me blankly and replied in a thick Russian accent, "I'm sleeping" and promptly shut his eyes and pretended to snore. Fucking prick.

I got talking to the Indian youth next to me who was in fact on his first ever plane trip, and heading to Australia to live! He was very nervous and excited about the whole thing. Luckily his cousin lived in Melbourne so he had someone to stay with and help him out. He very kindly let me swap seats with him because he wanted to sleep. "Fantastic," I thought, so I started watching some movie starring Jack Black about a monk who wants to be a wrestler.

So after about an hour into the movie the Captain announces: "Unfortunately there are some computer screens not working, and to get them to work we have to reset all screens. We apologise for the inconvenience." And then our screens go black. For almost an hour.

When they finally came back on (and after starting a new book) I managed to watch a further 15 minutes of the movie before we started our descent and we had to give our headphones back.

ARGHHH!

Such is life.

Anyways got to Melbs and got through customs as easy as pie (she just checked my immaculately clean shoes) and then stayed the night at Formule 1 Motel next to the airport (no point going into Melbs getting in at 10pm and having to leave at 6am, was there?)... slept like a log, then got up at 7am and checked in to my flight to Launceston.

Dan picked me up (cheers Dan!) and I got home by about 11am, and had to start work at 1pm. Ah, what a wicked transition from the most amazing trip and experience that I'd ever had (and probably will have for a long time) to the mundane crud of the LGH Accident & Emergency, where most of the patients are neither Accident nor Emergency. Oh well.

m.

3 Comments:

Blogger debbie 10 said...

is this the end of blogging for u?

9:58 PM

 
Blogger debbie 10 said...

is this the end of blogging for u?

9:59 PM

 
Blogger Marcus and Jen said...

For a while, yes... life at the moment is not exciting enough to post on the web.

Basically it's just working and getting our shit together for when we move house to Cairns in January.

I'll let you know if I'm adding any more stuff to the blog or making a new blog with more adventures revealed...

Love,
Marcus and Jen.

5:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home